B. E. (Civil Engineering) M. E. (Environmental Engineering) PHD (Environmental Science)
1. Y.M.Ghugal and U.J.Kahalekar: “Effects of Sulphur, Nitrogen and Carbon Compounds on Cement and concrete”, arranged by Institution of Engineers, (India) Nagpur on 28-29 Feb. 1992.
2. U.J.Kahalekar and I.K.Pateriya: “Solid Waste Recycle, Reuse and Disposal” arranged at M.I.T. Aurangabad on 19th Jan. 1997.
3. U.J.Kahalekar and B.N.Pandey: “Pollution Control: Role of anaerobic Process” arranged at D.S. university Ajmer on 24-26th Nov. 1997.
4. U.J.Kahalekar, K.A.Patil and Mohd.Sadeque: “Changes of properties of soil due to disposal of waste”, in Indian Geotechnical Conference 1997 arranged at Indian Geotechnical society, Baroda Chapter.
5. U.J.Kahalekar: “Treatment of waste water Biological Approach”, workshop on Effluent Irrigation on 23-24 May, 1998 arranged by Maharashtra Water and Irrigation commission at Pune.
6. U.J.Kahalekar: ‘Waste water treatment and curriculum of undergraduate courses’ National seminar arranged by S.B.E.S. College of Science, Aurangabad on 14-15 Nov. 1998.
7. M.M. Ghangrekar, U. J. Kahalekar, J. S. Sakle, ‘Treatment of Sewage Using UASB Reactor and Granular Media Filtration’, Proceeding of National Seminar on ‘Recent Adbvances in Waste Management’ jointly organized by IAEM & BHU-Varanasi, Feb.23-25, 2001. 323-328.
8. M.M. Ghangrekar, U. J. Kahalekar, J. S. Sakle, ‘Applicable Loading Rates for Design of UASB Reactor’. Vol. 82, March-2002. Institution of Engineers (India) Environmental Engineerig Division.
9. Ghangrekar M.M., Sakle J.J., and Kahalekar U.J. (2000). UASB process: Application for sewage treatment. Proceedings of International Conference on Innovative Technologies for Rural Water Supply & Environmental Sanitation, Roorkee, Oct. 12-13, 2000.
10. Ghangrekar M.M., Kahalekar U.J., Sakle J.J., S.V. Takalkar (2002), Pilot-scale performance and economics of UASB reactor for sewage treatment. Proceedings of IAEM National conference on Pollution Prevention and Control in India, VRCE, Nagpur, March 2,3 2002.pp
11. No. of Training Programmes Attended: 3
Honour & Awards
The Rekha Nandy and Bhupesh Nandy Award of Institution of Engineers (India) for paper entitled ‘Applicabale Loading Rates for Design of Upflow Anaerobic Sludge Blanket (UASB) Reactor’ published in the Journal of The IEI (India),Vol 82, March 2002 page no.48-53.
12. No. Of M.E. Guided 05
13. List of Conferences, short-term Courses etc. organized / participated in during the
Past five years.
A) Organised following National Seminars by Civil Engineering Department
i) AICTE sponsored National Seminar on ‘Improvement Rehabilitation and Maintenance of
Roads’ 22-23 August 2003.
ii) AICTE sponsored National Seminar on ‘Financing, Design, Construction and Operation of Highways’ Feb7-8,2002.
iii) ISTE sponsored National seminar on ‘Teacher Vacancies in Degree and Diploma Level
Technical Institutions- Causes and Possible Remedial Measures” on 21-22 Jan 1998.
B) The short-term training Programme sponsored by AICTE was arranged by Civil Engg.
Department on topic ‘Advance course on Watershed Management’ for the period 3-15 Jan.2000.
C) Arranged seminars and other programmes under National Environmental awareness campaigns for the years 1998 to 2006. These programmes were sponsored by Ministry of Environment and Forest and Regional agency is BAIF Development Research Foundation, Pune.
D) One day workshop was conducted by the Department on topic ‘Testing of Highway Materials’ on 7-2-1999.
E) One day workshop was conducted by the Department on topic ‘Rainwater Harvesting and Watershed Management’ on21-8-2006.
F) One day workshop was conducted by the Department on topic ’Solid Waste Management’ on 31-1-06.
G) One day workshop was conducted by the Department on topic ‘Disaster Management and Earthquake Engineering’ on 7-9-2006.
H) One day workshop was conducted by the Department on topic ‘Supervisory Development and Stress Management’ on 1-04-2006.